I'm Off on the First Leg of My Summer Travels

This coming Sunday, June 12, I leave for the first leg of my summer travels - a week of intensive study at the General Theological Seminary in New York City. The week will focus on Preaching with Fresh Expression and bring me just a little bit closer to the close of my Doctor of Ministry Studies.


The General Theological Seminary of the Episcopal Church is a seminary of the Episcopal Church in New York. Founded in 1817, GTS is the oldest seminary of the Episcopal Church and a leading center of theological education in the Anglican Communion. I have never been to the campus before - all other classes have been online due to Covid restrictions. I am really looking forward being on campus and to meeting my classmates in person and having time to chat with them face to face. Most of all - don't laugh - I am looking forward to some good NYC food and wandering the streets window shopping in the many boutiques and street stalls. Please pray that I don't spend too much money.


I will be posting any sermons that I write during the week-long course on my other blog, http://cleliasconversations.blogspot.com/. Did you know that this blog has all of my sermons archived and accessible - way back to the sermons I delivered prior to my ordination in 2010.

Stay tuned more news, and hopefully some adventures to follow. Peace, Clelia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tutu Travel Seminar

Change of Plans

Ubuntu - What does it mean?